FINANCIAL CRASH COURSE FOR DOCTORS
wHealth Advisors is excited to announce a free webinar to help doctors (and those in training) get on a path towards financial independence.
Financial independence? Say what?
In a nutshell, financial independence means being financially secure enough that you continue working because you want to, not because you need to. Everyone’s situation is unique. Just as a good salary does not guarantee financial independence, mountains of student debt does not disqualify you.
For some, financial independence will mean making sacrifices. To others, it’s life as usual. In any case, it requires a vision, setting intentions, and having a roadmap that can evolve with you over time.
When: The Financial Crash Course for DOCTORS webinar will be given FOUR times (live) each Wednesday at 5pm (EDT) through the month of May. Seating is limited to 100 participants per webinar. We ask that you register using your work/school email – priority will be given to medical professionals.
What we’ll cover: Timely and timeless topics including:
- COVID-19 Legislation: The impact on stimulus checks, student loans (including PSLF), and mortgages.
- The NINE money mistakes doctors keep making
- Fundamentals of Fiscal Fitness
- Building a rock-solid financial foundation
- The Juggle: Investing vs. student loan repayment
- Physician mortgages: When they make sense (and when they don’t!)
- Human capital: Investing in yourself
Why doctors? wHealth Advisors was founded on serving the medical community. While we can’t provide the resources they need most during this time (namely, PPE), we can offer what we know best: objective, evidenced-based financial guidance with no sales agenda or conflicts of interest.
The intended audience for this webinar includes those who are:
- Medical/dental students
- Attendings or established docs that graduated medical/dental school within past 15 years
FIGS Giveaway: Following each webinar we will be randomly selecting a winner for a $25 FIGS gift card. Registering for the event is an automatic entry. Also – be sure to tag friends, classmates, and colleagues on our webinar-related Instagram posts (@whealthadvisors). More tags = more entries (limit = 10 total).
For any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow links below to register on preferred date:
May 6, 2020 5:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) https://webinar.ringcentral.com/webinar/register/WN_eZ7hj5awSyaVwOqBejqDOg May 13, 2020 5:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) https://webinar.ringcentral.com/webinar/register/WN_O2-njPcSQ_OeyH_H_57FJw May 20, 2020 5:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) https://webinar.ringcentral.com/webinar/register/WN_tX3J4IHTSh6IyNEqVNZtRw May 27, 2020 5:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) https://webinar.ringcentral.com/webinar/register/WN_FvLsh_flRRWpOf2GdV6SjQ
- freestudentloanadvice.org: Great resource and created to ensure that all consumers have access to fair, free, student loan advice and dispute resolution.
- nslds.ed.gov: National Student Loan Data System – best place to go when creating an inventory of your Federal loans.
- www.annualcreditreport.com: Best place to go when creating an inventory of your private student loans.
- Gradaway.com: Affordable student loan refinancing/consolidation company
- $248 for balances < $100k
- $349 for balances $100k – $250k
- $449 for balances over $250k
NAPFA-Advisor-Checklist: NAPFA Checklist for interviewing Financial Advisors